Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Tiramisu' - A dessert from Treviso




...So I am the kind of person who always sticks to her word, and since I said to a bunch of friends that I was going to make Tiramisu' in honor of the Beccherie Restaurant (where it was invented, in my hometown) closing after a couple centuries of activity...here it is!
Thank you Treviso for being the birthplace of something special like Tiramisu' (and myself! *smiles*  )


It all starts with a good, old fashioned pot of espresso


Very simple, basic ingredients: caffe', eggs, little sugar, mascarpone cheese, savoiardi (lady fingers), bitter cocoa powder


Mixing the yolks, whipped with sugar, with the mascarpone and then the whipped whites



Just layer the savoiardi, rolled in the cold espresso, with the mascarpone cream



Bitter cocoa powder or top is a must!

A delicious slice of Tiramisu' is the perfect ending to any Italian meal!



No comments: