Wednesday, July 16, 2008

When Hubby Cooks






We have a problem in my family. We all love food. It's serious. Pathological. We think about (good) food all the time. All of us. And we all enjoy cooking, with all our diversities.

To Vince and I a good dinner at home means relax, means family, means pampering. It does not have to be gourmet. It just has to be good. Most times it is, I must say. And after many years we still manage to surprise each other with food. Like he did the other night when he put dinner together with something that might be common to my american friends but it certainly wasn't to me since I had never had it before.

He cooked some Maryland style Crab Cake. Mamma mia! That stuff is awsome! Delicius tender and juicy crab meat with seasoning, panfried till it got a crunchy golden crust on the outside! Spicy but not too hot. Sooooo good! I even got to have a glass of Pinot Grigio to go with it that he bought for me even if he does not drink. Next time you hear me complain about that man (do I ever? Who? Me? Nah....) just stick a panino in my mouth. Oh, butter it first, if you don't mind.

p.s.: I bet you are wondering why that Grilled Tilapia with Cajun Seasoning did not make it in one piece to the picture...sorry: it smelled too good

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds and looks meraviglioso indeed.
Our families are very alike. We definitely should meet all 7 together.
If it will be in Texas I'd like to have those crab cakes and everything avec, merci.

Uno strucon a te e ai tuoi uomini, parto domani per la Scozia.

Syl

Unknown said...

Syl, my dear, non chiederei di meglio, soprattutto in questo periodo in cui soffro di sindrome da abbandono da amici/parenti ;-)