Monday, December 15, 2008

So Much Fun With This Group Class!



Here: pizza, again! I know, we talked about home made pizza before, but this group lesson I had last Friday was really special for me. We had a lot of fun and I got so much enthusiasm and support and good vibes from the people who attended it that I need to share some of it, at least. I was never good at keeping emotions inside anyway :-)



What the class was all about was proving them that making a good, VERY good pizza at your home is a task that we all can achieve with some passion and good ingredients.




Italians don't talk with their hands, do they? Look at me! Always swinging them around...



Here are some fresh cherry tomatoes getting ready to become a pizza that tastes like Summer (even in December, but that's the magic of San Antonio, TX ;-) ). Note: the basil came from my backyard!



Here is how it looks out of the oven (and after someone had a few bites of it)




Bell peppers getting ready for their perfomance on a "sausage and peppers" pizza



There: ready to get in the oven!




I know, the pic is a little out of focus, but these are the people I need to thank for that very special night: grazie Shylah, grazie Rose, grazie Carl and Carla...and a very special grazie to my friend Yolanda, who is not in the picture because she's the one who took it and was big help all through the class.
Let me leave you with the menu of that class and remind you all that if you're still thinking of your last minute Christmas present for a food lover friend of yours, I might have an idea for you!
12 December 2008
GROUP PIZZA NIGHT MENU


· DIAVOLA (pepperoni pizza)

· POMODORINI E BASILICO (cherry tomatoes, basil, garlic, Parmigiano Reggiano)

· PROSCIUTTO E FUNGHI (sautéed mushrooms, cubed ham)

· RICOTTA E SPINACI (sautéed spinach, ricotta cheese, Parmigiano Reggiano)

· BROCCOLI E BACON (sautéed broccoli with garlic and red peppercorn, bacon)

· SALSICCIA E PEPERONI (Italian mild sausage, sautéed bell peppers with balsamic vinegar and brown sugar)

· VEGETARIANA (grilled bell peppers, zucchini, eggplants)

· SICILIANA (pepperoni, capers, olives)




No comments: