Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Lasagne

Well, what did you think I could possibly have in the oven after cooking all that ragu’ the other day? A cake? Obviously not.
This makes me look so "average Italian", I know that, but what can I say? I'll admit it: I enjoy the occasional Lasagne. There, I said it. Look how pretty my babies look, while they are cooking:






And yes, the right spelling is LASAGNE, with an E at the end, and it's plural. There: I threw in the Italian lesson for the day at the same cost. What a deal!
Seriously, though, Lasagne is a great dish, who can deny that? It's rich, complete, filling, comforting, and makes wonderful leftovers.
But I especially love them right out of the oven, with that crunchy brown top, all that cheese and creamy bechamel sauce (no ricotta cheese and tomato sauce in my Lasagne. Only good ragu', bechamel and cheese). They smell soooooo good too, can't you tell from the picture? ;-)






I know, with all this talking I made you hungry, didn't I? Here, have your slice and Buon Appetito!




For my friends who come to the cooking classes: I will soon have a group class on Lasagne as requested. It might not be original, trendy, sophisticated...but it's just plain good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks delightful. I can almost taste it!

Unknown said...

My Ego is pretty happy right now ;-)
I'm such a turkey sometimes :-D (very "in season", aren't I?)

Natalie Alexander said...

Hi Daniela. Your Lasagne looks delicious. I just started a blog. I signed up for your December 12th class. Looking forward to it.